About the Society
The Society was instituted on 2 October 1950 at Theobald's Cafe Bath with the name of Bath and Bristol Coin Club. The present name was
adopted for the 1953 season by which time the membership had increased to 22. The Society has hosted the annual
National Numismatic Congress in Bath or Bristol on five occasions: 1958, 1964, 1983, 1988 and 1998.
Our programme of events ranges from academic speakers on specialist subjects to our own membership with lectures on their own interests. We also may hold a members' coin sale and occasionally organise visits to places of interest.
DIARY OF MEETINGS 2022
NEXT MEETING THURSDAY JUNE 9TH 7.30PM; at The Globe Inn, Newton St. Loe, Bath BA2 9BB
"The South Atlantic Medal 1982---the story of a unique recipient" by Jim Kemp
Please note the following: a reminder to register your car number plate after you have parked up; the computer system is in the main bar area.
Please email Adrian and Christine on: adrian [at] bathandbristol-ns.org.uk to check if anything has changed. We will also update this website page. Members already on mailing-list will be advised of any alterations as well.
Please note that during 2022 our main meetings may be quarterly, and not monthly as has been the usual practice.
Subscriptions; please see the Contact section
- March 10th 2022: Bristol Market Traders' Checks and Tokens
- April 14th 2022; informal meeting at The Globe (but not in our usual room)
- May 12th 2022; informal meeting at The Globe.
- June 9th 2022: Talk:"The South Atlantic Medal 1982--the story of a unique recipient" by Jim Kemp.(meeting-room)
- July 14th 2022: informal meeting in the Globe bar area
- August 11th 2022: informal meeting
- September 8th 2022: ?AGM plus quiz or members' talks (in our usual room)
This website also shows coins and articles of interest. There is already a small gallery linked in the menu; as new material is offered, we'll post details and the links here, on the front page.
Articles updated February 2021
The society encourages members of the public to get in touch with questions about collecting and also the identification of any coins, tokens or medals that they may have. Subscription during the 2021-2022 season is currently reduced to £10; due to our limited number of meetings.
- President: Rosie Clarke
- Chairman: Mark Manning
- Treasurer: Christine Derrick
- Secretary: Christine Derrick
(Replace the word [at] with @ symbol).
Secretary: adrian[at] bathandbristol-ns.org.uk